Admission to our bachelor's-completion programs requires an associate's degree or minimum of 60 semester units and a maximum of 90 units with a grade of "C" or higher. Acceptable transfer credits must be in five areas. Only classes taken at regionally accredited colleges and universities will be accepted. Please check with your institution's transfer center to see if an Articulation Agreement is in place to assist you in selecting acceptable classes for transfer. Pacific Oaks determines whether or not a class is acceptable.
- Completed application form.
- Personal statement. This typed, 500-word statement will be used as a writing sample, so make your essay integrative and cohesive. Sign your essay as a pledge that it represents your own work. Your personal statement must include the following:
- Description of two experiences in your life and what they meant to you.
- Your professional goals and how you will pursue these goals through your study at Pacific Oaks College.
- An explanation of what it is about Pacific Oaks College that appeals to you
- Work and volunteer experience summary. Typed on a separate sheet of paper, please list the positions; employers; and ethnicity/ages of people with whom you worked; dates of employment (to/from), and a short description of your duties.
- Sealed official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. If a transcript does not include work in progress, submit a copy of your current registration. If you are currently completing a B.A. program, you must send a letter from the institution stating your expected date of graduation. Students who do not have a bachelor's degree must meet the requirements for our bachelor's-completion program.
- Non-refundable application fee of $55. Pacific Oaks College accepts personal checks, money orders, and cashier's checks.
Send application materials to:
c/o Pacific Oaks College
350 N Orleans St STE 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
All documents must be received before your application will be processed. It is your responsibility to see that all required materials are received by Pacific Oaks College. Your files and documents will be retained for three years. No documents will be returned nor copied after submission. Faxes of the application and accompanying pieces will not be accepted.
Stay in touch with the Admissions Office to monitor your application progress. Please include your name on all documents.