General Master's Application Requirements
- Completed application form.
- Personal statement. This typed, 500-word statement will be used as a writing sample, so make your essay integrative and cohesive. Sign your essay as a pledge that it represents your own work. Your personal statement must include the following:
- A description of two experiences in your life and what they meant to you.
- Your professional goals and how you will pursue these goals through your study at Pacific Oaks College.
- An explanation of what it is about Pacific Oaks College that appeals to you.
- Your expectations of a graduate program.
- Work and volunteer experience summary. Typed on a separate sheet of paper, please list your positions, employers, dates of employment (to/from), and a short description of your duties.
- Nonrefundable application fee of $55. Pacific Oaks College accepts personal checks, money orders, and cashier's checks.
- Sealed official transcript from undergraduate institution where degree was earned. If a transcript does not include work in progress, submit a copy of your current registration. If you are currently completing a B.A. program, you must send a letter from the institution stating your expected date of graduation. Students who do not have a bachelor's degree must meet the requirements for our bachelor's-completion program.
Program Specific Requirements
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Two letters of recommendation. The letters should be no more than two years old and come from either a teacher, employer, and/or administrator who can comment on your personal and/or academic abilities and skills, job performance, or volunteer experience. One of these letters must be from a current or former supervisor. Please make copies of the forms provided and give them to whomever is writing your recommendation. If you are submitting a copy of the letter, have the recommender complete and sign the form. We do not accept letters from relatives.
- M.A. in Early Childhood Education
- Practical experience. Applicants must have practical experience with young children.
- One letter of recommendation for students with a GPA below 2.5.
- Degree requirement. Applicants must have a B.A. from a regionally accredited institution.
Current PO Students
Students in our bachelor's-completion program are eligible to apply for admission to one of our M.A. programs once they have met the following requirements:
- applied for graduation;
- are in their final semester; and
- are within six units of completing degree requirements with no "incomplete" grades.
Current PO students must submit all required application materials except for the application fee as it is waived for current PO B.A. graduates. The Admissions Office will request the Pacific Oaks College undergraduate transcript directly. Admission is not automatic.
Send application materials to:
c/o Pacific Oaks College
350 N Orleans St., Ste. 1050
Chicago, IL 60654-1822
All documents must be received before your application will be processed. It is your responsibility to see that all required materials are received by Pacific Oaks College. Your files and documents will be retained for three years. No documents will be returned nor copied after submission. Faxes of the application and accompanying pieces will not be accepted.
Stay in touch with the Admissions Office to monitor your application progress. Please include your name on all documents.