To further the convenience of our program offerings, Pacific Oaks College can also come to your place of work to provide your program in a “cohort model” format. For example, we can teach an entire group of teachers at a school district, or employees at an early childhood center—to enable those individuals to complete their bachelor’s or master’s degrees in a convenient and cohesive fashion. Within this model, students at offsite locations journey through their programs and courses as a unified group (known as a cohort) and emerge with an enduring, supportive, professional networks.
- Classes typically meet one or two times per week (generally weeknights or weekends)
- Students may have the option to take a portion of their coursework online.
- Students have access to the same support services (in person or by email/phone) as our Pasadena-based students.
Access to an online bookstore and library make gathering the resources needed to complete coursework stress-free.
Combining the power of face to face instruction, the supportive community of the cohort model, and the flexibility and convenience of online learning, Pacific Oaks College now offers an innovative learning format that provides an optimal learning experience for adult students. Students in Pacific Oaks’ “blended” cohorts complete most of their coursework with faculty and their cohort classmates at the Pasadena campus, enabling them to develop the skills and knowledge learned best through a collaborative classroom environment. By supplementing the classroom with online coursework, the commitment to be on campus on a set schedule is minimized through learning which is well-supported through online engagement and research.
- Online coursework is completed through Pacific Oaks’ advanced online Canvas platform.
- Each student in the cohort is assigned a student services advisor who provides ongoing support and assists them from the day they enroll until the day they graduate.
- Students may access campus faculty, staff, and student services when on campus.
- Students may also access Pacific Oaks’ online bookstore and library make gathering the resources needed to complete coursework stress-free.
Students will be able to access our learning platform with either Windows or a Mac. Please visit our Technical Requirements page for further information.
Learn more about our Bachelor's-completion and Master's programs offered in a cohort format: