From the renowned speakers who headline our Children's School parenting workshops several times a year to the ultimate college celebration—commencement—to the recognition received by faculty and staff, much is happening at Pacific Oaks.
- Pacific Oaks College Faculty Emerita, Elizabeth (Betty) Jones, Ph.D., will give the commencement address, in both English and Spanish, to the graduating class of Pacific Oaks College Northern California students.
- Denita Willoughby, Southern California Gas Company Regional Vice President of External Affairs, will be the commencement speaker at Pacific Oaks College’s graduation ceremony on May 4, 2013 at the Pasadena Civic Center.
- Dr. Parnia offers condolence and reflection to those affected by the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.
- Calling it the honor of his life to serve Pacific Oaks College & Children’s School, Dr. Ezat Parnia was inaugurated this week as the institution’s ninth president.
- How to Finance Your Education - May 28, 2013
Join us for a presentation from the Director of Student Finance, Seph Rodriguez, as he demystifies the process of funding your education. He will cover the different types of aid available, how to apply for each, and answer any questions you have about the process.
- Breakfast Breakout Session - June 1, 2013
Would you like to learn how to begin your educational journey at Pacific Oaks College? Come speak with Admissions Counselors to hear about academic programs offered, scholarships, enrollment information, and financial aid. A light breakfast will be provided.
- What Can I Do With a Degree in Human Development? - June 6, 2013
The BA and MA programs in Human Development at PO equip graduates with a comprehensive interdisciplinary understanding of human development across the lifespan, from birth through the end of life. Integrated into the content is Pacific Oaks' hallmark commitment to social justice, advocacy, and its respect for diversity and individual potential. Dr. Tim Sundeen, Director and core faculty, will discuss the program, and why it is such an important and foundational field here at Pacific Oaks. Career outcomes in this field are broad and diverse; you will learn what you can do with a Human Development degree and if it would be the best fit for you.