From the renowned speakers who headline our Children's School parenting workshops several times a year to the ultimate college celebration—commencement—to the recognition received by faculty and staff, much is happening at Pacific Oaks.
- The School of Cultural and Family Psychology at Pacific Oaks College announces a new Master’s in Marriage and Family Therapy specialization in Trauma Studies, launching Fall 2014.
- The Staff and Faculty of the Pacific Oaks College School of Education would like to announce that an academic team on behalf of the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) will visit the College from May 18 – 20 as part of the final stages of PO’s work toward accreditation of our credential programs.
- The 54th Commencement Ceremony at Pacific Oaks College will take place on May 3, 2014 at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium with a commencement address by the Honorable Dorothy Wright Nelson.
- Dr. Daniel Siegel, clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine and founding co-director of the Mindful Awareness Research Center, will be the keynote speaker at the Pacific Oaks College Evangeline Burgess Lecture Series on Thursday, April 17, 2014.
- On February 5, 2014 President Parnia announced the appointment of Dr. Pam McComas as the Executive Director of the Pacific Oaks Children’s School.
- Early Childhood Education: Find out why POC has a strong reputation for its ground-breaking curriculum - April 17, 2014
Do you dream of teaching children birth to age 8? Are you passionate about understanding growth and development of toddlers and preschool age groups? Join us for an opportunity to hear from Jayanti Tambe, Executive Director of Pacific Oaks Children’s School and expert in the field of early childhood education. She will share her preschool classroom experiences, curriculum development insights, and professional experiences working with an anti-bias curriculum. We welcome you to an evening of learning about the field of early childhood education; pizza will also be provided, as well as a raffle game. Apply at this event and receive $30 off application fee.
- Prospective Student Informational Breakfast -April 26, 2014
Would you like to learn how to begin your educational journey at Pacific Oaks College? Come speak with Admissions Counselors to hear about academic programs offered, scholarships, enrollment information, and financial aid. A light breakfast will be provided. Apply at this event and receive $30 off application fee.
- Admissions “Hawaiian BBQ” Informational Lunch-May 10, 2014
Join us for a Hawaiian BBQ lunch and learn how to begin your educational journey at Pacific Oaks College. Meet our admissions team to hear about our academic programs, PO scholarships, enrollment information, and financial aid opportunities. Apply at an event and receive $30 off the application fee
- Admissions Information Session-May 13, 2014
Join Dr. Donald Grant, Applied Clinical Adjunct Faculty in the School of Cultural and Family Psychology who will provide step-by-step instruction in becoming a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in California. Hear how Pacific Oaks’ unique MFT specializations are training culturally competent clinicians with specializations in African–American Family Studies, Latina/o Family Studies and launching this fall Trauma Studies.
- Prospective Student Informational Breakfast- June 14, 2014
Join us for breakfast and learn how to begin your educational journey at Pacific Oaks College! Come speak with Admissions Counselors to hear about academic programs offered, scholarships, enrollment information, and financial aid. A light breakfast will be provided. Apply at this event and receive $30 off application fee.