We know that you can't always commit to being in a specific place at a specific time. But that shouldn't prevent you from getting your degree. Our online programs combine the quality of a Pacific Oaks education with the convenience that you need today. They have been designed to meet the needs of our students, who come to us with a wide variety of scheduling needs and learning styles.
Teacher Credentialing Programs
- Preliminary Education Specialist Instruction Credential *
- Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential *
Coursework is offered through Pearson eCollege--an advanced interactive distance-learning tool--and is designed to be flexible, self-paced, and accesible from anywhere so that you can fit classes and assignments into the nooks and crannies of your life. Online classes are typicallly offered in seven-week sessions, and coursework meets the same levels of quality and rigor as on-ground, face-to-face programs. Complete your bachelor's degree or earn your master's degree on a schedule that works for you.
- Complete classes as part of a cohort, moving through your program together and becoming part of a supportive and encouraging network of classmates.
- Learn from practicioner faculty with significant experience and expertise in their respective fields, who provide ongoing support and practical mentorship.
- Enjoy peace of mind with our user-friendly technology, knowing you can rely on caring staff at 24/7 eCollege helpline.
- Become part of an online student community where you can network with fellow classmates, review class assignments, and discuss thought-provoking topics via SocialCourse--a sophisticated instant messanger and social networking tool dedicated to building an online learning community.
- Receive valuable feedback through Turnitin.com, an online tool where students "turn in" their assignments to confirm authenticity and accuracy before submitting final versions to the professor.
- Experience many online classes through PowerPoint or GotoMeeting applications that appeal to both visual and audio learners, and benefit from archived lessons so you may review complex topics while completing class assignments.
Pacific Oaks College is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
* Offered online for California residents only.