- Office Location
55 Eureka St
- Core Faculty
- Human Development & Family Studies
- University of Southern California, Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology
Pepperdine University, Malibu, M.A. in Clinical Psychology
California State University at Long Beach, B.A. in Music, specialization in Music Therapy
- Licensed Psychologist in California
Registered Music Therapist
- Areas of Interest/Expertise
- Rebecca Rojas, Ph.D. is Core Faculty in the School of Cultural and Family Psychology at Pacific Oaks College. She has also taught at Antioch University, California State University at Los Angeles and at Pomona College. She is one of the founding members of the culture-centered cohort Marriage Family Therapy (MFT) programs at Pacific Oaks College that include the Latino/a Family Studies Program and the African American Family Studies Program.
Professor Rojas’ research studies have focused on issues of immigration and the subsequent acculturation process. Her studies include an examination of the impact of the acculturation process on perceptions of the work environment, gender differences in the acculturation process and an exploration of the general publics attitudes towards immigration. She co-authored the Attitudes towards Immigration Scale. Her recent exploration is on the effect of the present day anti-immigration policy and stance on immigrant families and the identity development of immigrant children globally.
Dr. Rojas is also involved in phenomenological research that is examining MFT student experiences in culture-centered cohort education models.