Life and work experience is just as valuable as what is learned in the classroom. Experience provides a broad, dynamic understanding of theories and concepts that can only come from applying them in the real world.
Empowering students to turn their real-world experience into credit towards a degree, Pacific Oaks offers the Credit for Learning from Experience (CLE) program. This unique program can wave up to 30 credit hours of coursework for students who have at least 5 years of relevant, verifiable work experience in a particular field.
To help support our students’ educational needs and goals, credit for relevant life or work experience can be applied toward fulfilling the B.A. in Human Development or a B.A. in Early Childhood Education requirements in our graduate programs. With the completion of these requirements, students will be enabled to pursue a master’s in any number of our Human Development or Early Childhood Education programs.
CLE Eligable Programs
Credit for Learning from Experience at a Glance
- Recieve credit for relevant work experience
- Waive up to 30 credits toward a B.A. in Human Development
- Waive up to 24 credits toward a B.A. in Early Childhood Education
- Potentially, save up to $23,000 in tuition through this program
- Conforms with policies set forth by the WASC Senior Colleges and Universities Commission (WSCUC)
- Be admitted into the Bachelor of Arts in Human Development or the Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood Education prior to seeking the Bachelor Completion Option
- Eligibility is based on faculty review of a portfolio of student work samples and previous learning.
- Minimum of five years of relevant, verifiable work experience
- Successful completion of “Reflections on Life Experience” coursework
- Completion of HD 489 Reflections on Life Experience and HD 499P Writing for Empowerment
Contact us to learn more.