Pacific Oaks students and alumni find success in a variety of different fields
Community & Social Service 16.3%
Healthcare Services 6.9%
Program and Project Management 5%
Human Resources 5%
*Percentages are based on 2016 student & alumni data gathered from LinkedIn.com.
American Indian/Native Alaskan 1.1%
Pacific Islander 1.1%
Not reported 6.2%
Average Age 38
Pacific Oaks facts
- Pacific Oaks Children’s School was established in 1945. Shortly thereafter, Pacific Oaks College was created to train educators for the school.
- Pacific Oaks principles are rooted in Quaker traditions of social justice, respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Following President Lyndon Johnson’s 1964 War on Poverty legislation, the U.S. government asked Pacific Oaks to launch one of the nation’s first Head Start training programs.
- Through Pacific Oaks’ Credit for Learning From Experience (CLE) program, students can waive up to 30 credits towards the completion of a degree.
- Pacific Oaks offers global study abroad opportunities including Teach With Africa and Education Beyond Borders.
- Pacific Oaks has partnerships with various institutions in the California community, providing learning experience opportunities for students.
- Pacific Oaks College is accredited by the WASC Senior Colleges and Universities Commission (WSCUC). Statement of accreditation.
- Pacific Oaks College offers an approved teacher credentialing program for Education Specialists which has been approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Pacific Oaks College is a member of the Hispanic Association of Colleges & Universities (HACU).
- Pacific Oaks is part of TCS Education System (TCS), a nonprofit, privately owned consortium of colleges and universities dedicated to preparing professionals to make significant changes in the world.
2017-2018 Tuition per Credit Hour
- Undergraduate $808
- Graduate $1,092
- Teacher Credential (Undergraduate) $808
- Teacher Credential (Graduate) $1,092
- Undergraduate $706
- Graduate $874
Pacific Oaks has two different scholarship programs – our Institutional Scholarships for new students and our Donor Scholarships for current and active students. All scholarships are available to online and on-campus students. Unless otherwise specified, all scholarships are applied toward tuition.