Entrance Counseling is a requirement for all students requesting Stafford or PLUS loans.
To complete the entrance counseling, visit studentloans.gov.
For step-by-step instructions, please review the instructions in detail.
As a federal requirement, students separating from Pacific Oaks College and who received federal student loans must complete the exit counseling at studentloans.gov.
Official transcripts and diplomas will not be issued until the exit loan counseling has been completed.
Pacific Oaks College has teamed up with SALT, a new program that helps our students manage their money and student loans. SALT provides:
- Interactive money management tools that shows students how to take control of their finances.
- A personal dashboard that tracks all federal student loans in one place.
- Loan advice from SALT’s expert counselors.
- Access to thousands of jobs and internships.
- Exclusive benefits that help students save and spend smart.
To learn more, please visit www.saltmoney.org.
Complete Direct Loan promissory note and entrance counseling
Student Aid on the Web
Department of Education’s student guide to financial aid
Federal Student Aid FAFSA
Free Application For Student Aid completion and correction
FSA ID Website
Apply for a Federal Student Aid ID (electronic signature)
Your Financial Aid History
Financial Aid history
Scholarship opportunities for minority students
Options for consolidating your student loans
Service programs such as Americorps provide awards to repay student loans in exchange for work