M.A. Human Development: Leadership in Education and Human Services Concentration
Coursework for the M.A. Human Development: Leadership in Education and Human Services Concentration will focus on developing collaborative leadership skills, mastery of interpersonal communication skills, team building, and understanding the nuances of working with adults in a variety of human and social service occupations.
This concentration is designed for students in leadership roles who:
- Work with adults in an administrative or supervisory capacity
- Work with parents or other adults in community, family or social service settings
- Work as teachers of a college class or in other adult education settings
Conflict Resolution and Mediation
This class is designed for human service professional, including teachers, educational administrators, and marriage and family counselors, who work with children, adolescents, and families. Participants will evaluate the nature of human conflict, create effective strategies, and develop programs for the peaceful resolution of conflict. Student will be introduced to mediation techniques as they evaluate and critique technique and models for conflict resolution as they engage in creative problem solving in various conflict areas at the micro and macro levels of society. Communication across cultures and bias awareness issues will be evaluated within all content areas.
Advanced Studies in Leadership in Education
This class is a seminar for professionals in leadership situations who work in early childhood Education and other human service professions. Students will evaluate educational issues in contemporary society.
Other M.A. Human Development Concentrations
- M.A. in Human Development: Ecological Perspectives of Lifespan Development
- M.A. in Human Development: Early Childhood Education & Development
- M.A. in Human Development: Social Change
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Pacific Oaks College
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Completed Application for Admission
- Application Fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions attended
- Personal Statement
All M.A. and Credential programs require fieldwork or field experience appropriate to the program emphasis. Fieldwork ranges from classroom observations to completion of fieldwork- related projects at the students’ place of employment.