Online Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education: Elementary Education
The Online B.A. Early Childhood Education: Preliminary Multiple-Subject Credential program engages students to learn strategies and methodology for participating and facilitating the cognitive development and nurturing of language, motor skills, psychosocial learning, and problem-solving in elementary aged children. Students enrolled in this online Bachelor’s degree program in Early Childhood Education have the opportunity to complete coursework and specialized practica to meet the requirements for the California Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential. These requirements will enable graduates to teach preschool, K-12, or in classes organized primarily for adults in a self-contained classroom.
Sample Online B.A. Early Childhood Education Courses
ECE 301: Foundations of ECE and Current Issues in the Education of Young Children
This course explores the foundations of early childhood education from birth through age eight. Students will examine theories, history, curriculum, program applications, current issues and trends, and best practices.
ED 362: Teaching Thematically: Social Science and Visual/Performing Arts
In this course, candidates will learn teaching methods used to design thematic lessons in Social Science and Visual and Performing Arts for young children. Candidates will learn how to integrate principles and practices for teaching history/social science and visual/performing arts and how to use a variety of resources to create a culturally inclusive and dynamic learning environment for various developmental levels. Lessons developed in this course will reflect the California State Framework for History- Social Science and the Framework for Visual and Performing Arts and the History/Social Science Content Standards for California, demonstrate respect and appreciation for cultural and linguistic diversity, incorporate current technologies, and include multiple historical perspectives and geographic content.
Online B.A. Early Childhood Education Specializations & Credentials
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education, STEAM Specialization
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education, Trauma Specialization
- Online B.A. Early Childhood Education: Elementary Education and Special Education
The California Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential qualifies candidates to teach in preschool, K-12, or in classes organized primarily for adults in self-contained classrooms.
For more information to assist you in your journey to obtain your California Preliminary Teaching Credential, visit the Credentials Office page.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission and values of Pacific Oaks College
- Successfully complete CBEST (California Basic Education Skills Test) – passing test required in order to teach in CA
- Associate’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in Child Development, Early Childhood Education, or a traditional academic (non-vocational) area of study or successful completion of 60 units from a regionally accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of 2.0. and meet the following course requirements:
- Humanities and the Arts (9 units)
- Science and Math (9 units)
- Oral and Written Communication (9 units)
- Minimum of 3 units in English Communications
- Maximum of 3 units in Early Childhood Education Language Arts
- Social Science (9 units)
- Minimum of 3 units in Introductory Psychology
- Minimum of 3 units in either Introductory Sociology or Cultural Anthropology
- Completed Application for Admission
- Application Fee
- Official Transcripts from All Institutions Attended
- Personal Statement